Programs and Services
- Perform conciliation and mediation functions;
- Provide Technical Assistance in the Preparation and Administration of Collective Bargaining Agreements and and in Drawing Up Joint Agreements;
- Provide training on Alternative Dispute Resolution;
- Supervise/observe conduct of strike balloting and improved/reduced offer balloting;
- Provide counseling services on labor relations related issues;
- Provide training on effective negotiations and collective bargaining;
- Provide speakership services on labor relations related topics during seminars, symposia, and orientation;
- Provide Free Legal Aid and Voluntary Arbitration Services (FLAVAS).
Voluntary Arbitration and Grievance Settlement
- Administer the Voluntary Arbitration Program;
- Maintain and update a roster of Accredited Voluntary Arbitrators (AVAs);
- Administer a program for the continuing professionalization of AVAs;
- Provide technical assistance in the submission of issues to voluntary arbitration and in the selection of AVA or panel of AVAs;
- Process and grant subsidy on voluntary arbitration fees;
- Conduct plant-level orientation seminars on grievance machinery and voluntary arbitration ;
- Conduct training programs on effective grievance handling, position paper writing, etc.;
- Provide technical assistance in the operationalization and strengthening of grievance machinery.
Workplace Relations and Enhancement (formerly Labor-Management Cooperation) Program
- Conduct plant-level orientation seminars and skills training on LMC;
- Facilitate the setting up, re-activation and strengthening of plant-level LMCs;
- Establish and maintain linkages with LMC Practitioners’ Associations nationwide.
(Strategic Action Group for Industrial Peace) / QRT (Quick response Team) – The NCMB has extended its field operations on a 24/7 basis to improve the delivery of conciliation-mediation services which include but not limited to the conduct of marathon conciliation-mediation conferences, monitoring of actual strike activities, coordination with relevant agencies, intervention in wildcat strikes, etc.;
(Free Legal Aid and Voluntary Arbitration Services/Single Entry Approach) – Under this program, the Board’s services are extended beyong purely organized groups to individual complainants. The NCMB takes advantage of the effectiveness of its conciliation-mediation services to provide immediate assistance to unorganized and individual workers and to unions that are the early state of organizing.